Be inspired and motivated by one of the leaders in education, teacher librarian and thought leader Shannon McClintock Miller. We live in a world that is constantly changing and connecting through creative and collaborative new technologies, media, and communications. This has changed the way we teach and learn. It has changed our spaces within libraries and schools. And it has changed the way we, as learners, makers and teachers, connect with each other and the world.
In this seminar, Shannon McClintock Miller will explore these changes in education and within the library while giving the participants a foundation to bring creative, collaborative, and new experiences and learning to your school community while connecting outside of the walls to the world.
You will be inspired and motivated to Be The Change and a connected, creative, and collaborative educator too.
Seminar participants will…
- Be inspired to Be The Change that they can be within education and to the students, teachers, and school communities they are part of.
- Reflect on how new technologies, media, and communications can change their space and practice.
- Explore digital tools and social networks can be used to create, collaborate, and connect our learners to themselves, each other, and others around the world.
- Develop a network as a connected educator that can bring others to themselves and their students, teachers, and schools.
- Examine the maker movement and all of the wonderful tools and change it can bring to our young people and education.
When: Mon, 15 June 2015 from 9:00am to 3:30pm
Where: TBA, TBA, NSW, 2000, Australia
Contact: Michelle Jensen
Phone: 0409 563 736
Email: Michelle Jensen