How will you re-imagine the profession? With Karen Bonanno and June Wall
This one-day seminar will explore the new information and learning environment emerging in schools and the role that is needed for a learning specialist. School and learning needs will be examined to determine how a teacher with a specialised skill set, such as a teacher librarian, can impact on the learning and information needs of the staff and students.
Each participant will be provided with a Talent Dynamics profile to establish a basis for your future personal development (see http://kb.com.au/talent-dynamics/ for more information). Talent Dynamics is a unique profiling system that assists you to understand your natural talent, strengths and challenges, success possibilities, how to work best in teams and in your workplace.
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- clearly articulate the new role in schools;
- continue developing a change plan for the role and how the physical space of the library could also change;
- complete a personalised professional learning pathway;
- understand how to build capacity for the future; and
- take a leading role for learning in their school.
Registration: $275 Discount rate for SLANSW members
More information http://kb.com.au/teacher-librarian-seminar/
When: Friday, 3 June 2016, 8.30am to 4.00 pm
Where: Novotel Rockford, Darling Harbour in Sydney
When: Fri, 3 June 2016 from 8:30am to 4:00pm
Where: Novotel Rockford, Darling Harbour, NSW, 2000, Australia
Contact: Michelle Jensen
Email: Michelle Jensen